Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Layered Mexican Dip!




Another favorite among friends and family.

This recipe was given to me by Jan Smith in the early 90's. It's been a hit every time I have ever made it.



Layered Mexican Dip


2 16 oz cans refried beans

3 ripe avocados
2 tsp lemon juice

8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1 packet taco seasoning

1/4 C onion, chopped
3/4 C cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
1 small can chopped green chilies
1 small can sliced black olives
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Spread refried beans into a baking dish. Mash ripe avocados and mix with lemon juice. add salt and pepper to taste. Spread over beans. Mix may, sour cream and taco seasoning, spread over avocado. Sprinkle green chilies, then onions, then tomatoes then olives over sour cream. Top with shredded cheese.

Refrigerate til ready to serve.

My own tweaks to this recipe:

*I buy already prepared quacamole at the store and sub that for the avocadoes and lemon juice

*I double the sour cream/mayo mix. Never seems to be enough unless doubled.

I fry soft corn tortillas at home until crispy, shake fresh ground sea salt on them and use them with this dip. TO DIE FOR!!!


No comments: