Monday, July 26, 2010

RECIPE REVIEW: CURRIED RICE PILAF

My friend Jenn came over and made us Chicken Curry one night for dinner and told me to keep the curry spice when she finished.

I had never had curry anything before so it was a totally new flavor to me. I really liked the chicken curry and am now looking at different curry recipes to try out.

This is the first one I tried and it is really good. I almost decided against the golden raisins but I'm glad I left them in there. They give bursts of unexpected flavor throughout the dish and the dish really would not have been the same without them and I'm not a raisin fan myself.

Hope you give it a try and if so post a comment or let me know what you think on my facebook page.

www.facebook.com/womantypingbadly


Happy eating!


Curried Rice Pilaf

Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse @ foodnetwork.com

Prep Time:
20 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
20 min
Level:
--
Serves:
6 servings

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped celery
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
  • 1 cup rice
  • 1/2 cup golden raisins
  • 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
  • Salt and pepper

Directions

In a medium saucepan, heat butter and cook onion, celery, curry powder, and garlic until tender. Add rice, raisins, pepper, and chicken stock. Stir well. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Fold in the green onions and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.


http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/curried-rice-pilaf-recipe/index.html

No comments: