Friday, January 2, 2009

Debby's Tacos--Ole!



My sister makes the best tacos, EVER! her recipe is pretty simple. Double or triple as needed:


1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained


1 packet taco seasoning


1 small jar mild or medium taco sauce


taco fixins:

sour cream
lettuce
diced onion
shredded cheese

tomatoes

hot sauce



Dump the taco sauce in a clean skillet.
Add the taco seasoning packet and mix well.

Mix in the cooked ground beef.


Do not add water.


Heat to simmer, stirring often.

If you like a thinner taco meat filling then feel free to add water after it begins to simmer but I have never found it necessary. We make all kinds of Mexican food with this recipe--quesidillas, burritos, nachos, etc.


I just recently started frying my own taco shells and tortilla chips at home. This recipe and those shells should be illegal.

This is a video made by my son of me frying shells:



One thing I have changed about how I cook these shells since making this video is that I lay the tortilla flat in the pan in the grease til it gets puffy, then flip once. When it starts to puff up with little bubbles then shape it. The tortillas are less likely to tear this way.....


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments: